Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tough Couple of Weeks
















Well, the first 6 weeks of the girls' lives lulled me into a false sense of security lol. The following two weeks were a little more challenging.

Both Madi and Immy are doing really well ~ Madi is now 9 lb 4oz and Immy is 11 lb 7oz lol... she's a little chubba! They both struggle with wind/colic which is making things interesting and Immy has reflux but it's under control now thanks to meds.
The hardest thing for me is feeling that I can't give either baby (or Kara) the time that they need :(. It's just so full on and if both babies are screaming, I often have to let one go whilst I settle the other. I really hate that ~ Kara was never left to cry so it's something I'm just not used to. They are also out of sync with their sleeping, meaning I have been up hourly most nights. I think once they settle more at night, things will be more manageable again (I hope :P).

I have to say that I am very very lucky to have the friends I have. They have been invaluable and I have received so much support. Even with that support things are difficult but without it, it would be close to impossible for me to cope I think. It's taking some adjusting on my part to be able to ask others to help care for my girls! Not something I like to do.....
Anyway, I'm typing as fast as I can because Immy is stiring lol and I want to add some pics ~ they have changed so much!

V xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely, I hope things have settled down a little! I can't even begin to imagine how hard twins must be, does my head in just thinking about it! I hope you're taking care of YOU as well as your gorgeous girls! So wish I lived closer... :(

    Take care V & give those darling baby girls a cuddle or two for me .. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vanessa,
    Hang in there love! You're doing such a fabulous job with your 3 girls. You should be very proud of yourself! It will get better, easier and then harder again and then easier again.
    Blessing to you and yours,
    H x

    ReplyDelete