Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So Close... 34 1/2 weeks.

I've not blogged for a while because I've been sooo tired and sore and there's not a huge amount to write about.

It's not been the best of fortnights as far as the pregnancy goes. The babies are still breech and my Ob, who has been so positive and hopeful about avoiding a C-section, has now said that it's highly unlikely the babies will move. So, if they hang in there for a couple more weeks, i'll be having a C-section at around 37 weeks :(. I know delivering two healthy babies is the priority but I'm dreading it ~ it's taken a lot of excitement away from the birth for me because the thought of being cut open doesn't sit well.

At my last scan, the babies hadn't grown as much as they should have either. That's been a stress, as if they've still not grown sufficiently by my next scan (Monday), they will be delivered early. I have been eating so much junk food lol ~ I'm hoping with my all that they've fattened up.

The nursery is well under way now!!!! Just over a week ago, it was Kara's play room and it was full to the brim. Now, it has two cots, a change table and a wardrobe ~ the quilts are underway (I just need my hands to not be numb!!!) and I'm rapt that it's ready before the babies arrive. (Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much Sue and Andrew xxx).

So now, it's a waiting game. Four more days until I reach my 35 week aim, although it would be great to get to 37 weeks. Some days though, I just want them out!

2 comments:

  1. Don't stress about the c-sections. I've had 2 and apart from the dreadful side effects (paranoia, cannibalism, the growth of my 3rd head) I am perfectly fine.

    You've done so well to get them as far as you have. I still can't believe two babies can fit into your tiny body.

    Love,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I have should have said this stuff earlier, but I was so hoping you wouldn't have to go throught it! I also recovered quite quickly from my caesarian as well. I waited for 4 weeks to drive just because I had that back injury right before getting pregnant and I was worried about actually injuring my self again. Otherwise the pain was bearable, I only used painkillers in hospital and only for about 3 days. It was bending over and straightening up that were the hardest, so I just kept E at waist height most of the time. You'll be fine, you are strong and capable and determined and you'll find a way to make it work (plus you have awesome friends) XOXO

    ReplyDelete