Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Glucose Tolerance Test....

...YUCK!!!!

Miss K and I made our way to hopsital this morning (well, yesterday morning now, as it's 1.30am here ~ sleep is still foreign to me lol) for the GTC...

I remember having the test with Kara and so I wasn't looking forward to it. Back then, it made me feel so sick and dizzy and so I was anticipating the same this time. I was right!

The drink itself isn't too bad ~ it's just very very sweet and you have to drink it in a short space of time. For the first 20 mins or so, I wasn't too bad but then it hit me. I felt sick and like I was going to pass out and they took me in to lay down just in case. It was a good thing they did lol ~ I started seeing flashing lights which was bizarre and she said she's glad I was on the bed, otherwise I would have ended up on the floor :D.

Now the wait to see the results. I'm fairly confident I don't have gestational diabetes but I suppose I'll know for sure soon enough....

Apart from that, it's been a pretty uneventful week. I had an appointment with the Multiple Births Coordinator last week which was fantastic :) It was a great opportunity to ask a lot of questions ~ mostly about delivery ~ and I was also taken to see the high dependancy and ICU wards for premmies. That was scary ~ very difficult to see such tiny tiny babies struggling to survive and since the visit, every pain I feel reminds me of how fragile those little lives were. At the end of the day, I would much rather feel the way I do for 10 more weeks to avoid having my babies go through what would be such difficult times.

26 weeks and 3 days now ~ almost to 28 now and only 8 and a half until I'm at 35 (my ideal min gestation)..... it's really not that long to go and yet, I have so much to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment