Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Great News...

... and lots of it.

It's been a bad almost two weeks again with sickness and I was back at the hospital yesterday. Constant vomiting and dehydrated again, so I was sent to an Ob. I am sooooo rapt to say that I was able to get the medication I need that is $300 a fortnight for $5.40!!! To say I'm relieved is a massive understatement.... I can eat again without living in the toilet.

While I was there, I asked if I could hear the babies' heart beats and the midwife said it was too early. When I went to see the Ob, I asked her too (lol) and she said she would happily try :) It was so nice to hear ... especially after being so sick.

I also got the results of my maternal screening tests (for chromosomal abnormalities). I had been prewarned that it's common for twin pregnancies to come back as "high risk" so it was something I've been quite worried about. If you fall into high risk, you then need to decide on whether or not you'll have an amnio... I definitely would so I could be prepared for whatever was coming our way. Fortunately, both twins came back as "no risk"... it didn't even say "low risk"..... which shocked me as I didn't even know that was a category!!!! I'm so so rapt ~ they're growing so well and I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead of where I should be. I feel like I'm about 6 months already lol.

2 comments:

  1. Glad about the screening results, it gives you one less thing to worry about doesn't it. Can't believe you were back in hospital, it must be so hard trying to deal with that along with all of the others things you always have on your plate!! Your poor thing, it will be all so worth it but right now it sounds like your going through hell,
    kisses,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely. Things are ok at the moment. On the meds, I only vomit rarely ~ maybe once every other day.... a lot better than 10 or more times a day lol.

    I'm really starting to get used to the idea of having two babies now... so much to do over the next 7 or so weeks (while I'm still mobile lmao) and then I will set up the nursery... can't wait for that!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete